Sunday, November 8, 2009

History in the Making...And it Doesn't Look like the Good Kind

I consider myself to be a pretty easy-going guy, there are very few things in this world that I just can’t stand. There are a few things, however, that tend to get under my skin. We all have pet peeves and little things here and there that annoy us from time to time. This particular post is not about one of those little “pet peeves”. I had a friend that woke up one day with a buzzing in his ear and after several hours he started to have nightmares that it would never go away. To make a long story short, it never has…he just an incessant, annoying buzz at the back of his ear that’s ruining his life. Well, that is the kind of thing I am talking about in this post.

I hate registering my car. Vehicle registration has to be one the most heinous punishments ever devised for inflicting torment on human beings. I do understand why we do it, and truthfully it is not the registration, “per se,” that I despise so much; it is the registration process that is so painfully unbearable. Consequently, my wife’s car has been expired for over three months now. (I hope blog posts are not a way for people to implicate themselves…apologies to my wife in advance if our car gets impounded as a result of this post.)

I personally guarantee it would be more difficult to find a person in this city who has not had a miserable experience at the DMV, than it was for Abraham to find a righteous person in all of Sodom and Gomorrah. This place is swarming with incompetence; it is almost comical watching them “work” behind the counter. Remarkably, the wait time is in no way related to how many people are actually in line. Parkinson’s Law dictates that it be that way, as the civil servant behind the counter will expand his work so as to fill the time available for its completion.

I suppose it has become my modus operandi to apologize for offensiveness in the middle of every one of my posts. This post might be the most offensive so far, so I truly am sorry to anyone that works at the DMV. The only reason I even bring up my concerns is that Obama’s health care reform bill passed through the House of Representatives late last night. Have we really learned nothing from our current experience with “public options”? We can’t even register our automobiles without pulling our teeth out. Do we really want these people behind the counter when we’re bleeding to death?

4 comments:

  1. Some of the poor of this nation have a harder time coming up with the exorbitant amount of money it costs to get decent health-care in this country than Kristie Alley has trying to find a good diet plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I've lost my paper to even renew my registration! Great. You didn't even mention that for your $500 scooter it's like $90 to register that, no thanks. What a rip off. Good thing I know all about Parkinson's law. You're just so clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex has a good point. Now those who can't afford the exorbitant premiums for decent health care, will be able to pay a little something for the privilege of "bleeding to death". haha love ya Alex :)

    ReplyDelete