Saturday, September 5, 2009

Nice to Meet You

After researching blog after blog for a school assignment, I have concluded that the most interesting and most visited blogs are those written by certain kinds of experts. Experts in the art of cooking, for example, have very successful recipe blogs. Experts on shopping tend to have interesting posts on good deals and great products. Local fishing enthusiasts always have insightful tips on how to be a better fisherman. I could go on, but you get the point-- experts make the best bloggers. I, on the other hand, seem to be one of those people that are knowledgeable on many things, but an expert on nothing. I brainstormed ideas for hours about everything I have ever been interested in: the great outdoors, the great indoors, church, sports, TV, family, books, games, school, yard work, Chico Sticks, Costco, clothes, cars, shoes, snow, photography, technology, anthropology, money, music, economics and so on, and so on. Somebody told me once (or maybe I read it in a book [it sounds like something John Wooden would say]) that if you want to be successful in life pick something you are good at, and become the best at it. With that in mind I decided to start a blog about life in Utah County. Although I was not born here, I grew up here, and I love it. I like to think that I know my county quite well and if there is something of good report or praiseworthy to do around here I seek after these things… and then I write about them. So coming up next week, Mexican Food in the greater Provo area… ¡BUEN PROVECHO!

9 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea!! I can't wait to see what place you like. I hope that you explore all types of Mexican food--authentic, fresh mex, fast food, and all price ranges. I am excited to try what you recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared "King of Utah County",
    I am planning a trip to your area of expertize next month and can't wait to see what fine dining you recommend! Thanks for sharing!
    yours truly,
    a fellow salsa lover

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are anxiously waiting for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. king of utah country, that's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. ZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish that you talked more about chico stix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, I can't believe you went to my blog and didn't comment! I know you are comment king, but you have to dish out some love, brother. I would have to agree with Mama Chu's. Pretty amazing. Also, I hear there is a place in Springville that is just about the best place in the world. It is just across the border, but I can't remember the name to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Writing about life in Utah County is a great endeavor, but I have faith in your skills. I’ve always wondered what the outsider’s opinion is of Utah County?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stop it, Pritty J. You are an expert at writing run-on paragraphs and utilizing the bracket within parenthetical asides. Stop being so modest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote that you should write about jumping over things that are high. You're good at that!

    ReplyDelete